The Alexis de Tocqueville Society was formed in March of 1984 to deepen individual understanding of, commitment to, and support of United Way’s work: advancing the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. The Society recognizes local philanthropic leaders and volunteer champions around the world who have devoted time, talent, and funds to create long-lasting changes by tackling our communities’ most serious issues.
Membership in the Alexis de Tocqueville Society is granted to individuals who contribute at least $10,000 annually to a member United Way.
Benefits of Membership:
- The convenience of writing one check, making payments or payroll deductions to United Way to cover all your annual charitable giving.
- The flexibility of establishing a Personal Giving Account.
- The ability to contribute to organizations anonymously through United Way.
- The opportunity to gather with other like minded individuals from Santa Barbara County for social events and informational seminars.
- The power to produce local community solutions that meet existing and emerging Santa Barbara County needs.
- Prominent recognition in United Way of Santa Barbara County marketing materials.
- Preferred seating at United Way events.
For more information on becoming a member of United Way’s Alexis de Tocqueville Society, contact Ina Frank, Major Gifts Officer, at 805-965-8591 or firstname.lastname@example.org