In response to the food insecurity that many of our neighbors face, which has been worsened by COVID-19, United Way is offering a meal distribution volunteer opportunity for community members to help distribute free meals to vulnerable children in our community during the summer.
We've partnered with the SBC Foodbank to distribute meals to children and families at Canalino Elementary School and Solvang Elementary School. These meals feed families participating in United Way's Fun in the Sun program at these sites as well as the surrounding community (meals are free for any child 18 years old or younger). Volunteers help set up, organize, and distribute pre-packaged meals at both sites every day.
Meal Distribution Volunteer Opportunity
- June 14 - August 20, 2021
- Monday through Friday
- 11:30 PM - 1:00 PM
- Canalino Elementary School (1480 Linden Ave, Carpinteria, CA 93013)
- Solvang Elementary School (565 Atterdag Rd, Solvang, CA 93463)
CLICK HERE to sign up!
- Volunteers will help set up, organize, and distribute meals every day at both sites.
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old.
- All volunteers must review a short, mandatory training video. CLICK HERE to view the video.
- Distribution sites are located in the parking lot at each school.
- All meals will be sealed in individual packages.
- Each location will have a drive through pick up option, as well as a walk up option for those who do not have vehicles.
- Volunteers will be provided with masks and gloves, but they are welcome to wear their own protective gear.
- During sign up, volunteers must accept a volunteer and COVID-19 liability waiver.
Questions? Contact Chris Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org.