The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a free tax preparation service for individuals and families in Santa Barbara County. Tax returns are prepared and completed by IRS-certified volunteers each year from February through April throughout Southern Santa Barbara County.
ATTENTION: ALL TAX PREPARATION SITES CLOSED.
ATENCIÓN: TODOS LOS SITIOS DE PREPARACIÓN DE IMPUESTOS ESTÁN CERRADOS.
Federal Income tax filing deadline has been extended from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020.
Visit the IRS https://www.irs.gov/ for more details. The website also has resources for free filing.
La fecha sobre la presentación de impuestos federales se extendió hasta el 15 de julio de 2020.
Visite el IRS https://www.irs.gov/es para obtener más detalles y recursos para presentación gratis.
You can still file your taxes for free at www.myfreetaxes.org
More information will be posted as available.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO FILE YOUR 2019 TAXES
- Copy of 2018 federal and state tax returns
- Photo ID (drivers license or passport)
- Social Security Cards or Individual Taxpayer ID
- Numbers (ITIN) for each family member
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
For married filing joint, both spouses must be present
W-2, 1099 and 1098 for all jobs
Bank routing and account numbers
All forms 1095 Health Insurance statements
- Declaración de impuestos del 2018
Tarjeta de seguro social o ITIN de cada miembro de su familia
Número de cuenta y información bancaria para su depósito directo
Identificación con fotografía (I.D./Licencia/pasaporte)
Formas W-2, 1099 o 1098
Forma de seguro 1094, 1095 (A), (B), o (C)
You may qualify for California's Earned Income Tax Credit!
Did you know California has a tax credit for working families and individuals? It’s called the California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) and it is modeled after the federal credit. It is now better! What is new?
- Higher income limits. Any worker regardless of children or filing status and income of $30,000 or less may benefit from the credit. That means working full-time at the state minimum wage of roughly $15 per hour could qualify.
- Additional $1,000 for Families with Children under 6: If you have a young child in the home who is under 6 years old and qualify for CalEITC, you might be eligible for an additional $1,000 dollars. Raising young children is hard for working families. CalEITC can help.
- More working Californians will benefit from this credit. Adults ages 18-24 without dependents, and older adults ages 65+ without dependents will also be eligible for this credit for the second time in tax season 2020.
- Work for yourself? You qualify too. Even if you earned income from self-employment, you may qualify for the credit. Both 1099 filers and cash earners qualify.
With the combined federal and state credits eligible families can get up to $6,557 back after filing their taxes. What would you do with an extra $6,557 dollars? The average combined refund for both credits combined is $3,000. Families with young children under 6 may also qualify for an additional $1,000 from the State of California if they’re eligible for the CalEITC.
To get your cash back, simply file your state and federal tax returns for FREE. Search for a free tax preparation site, with IRS-certified tax preparers, or file online for free by visiting www.unitedwaysb.org/vita.
Want to know if you qualify for federal or state benefits?
Prepare Your Taxes Now with MyFreeTaxes.com!
Prepare your own taxes anywhere you have an internet connection using MyFreeTaxes. It's easy, simple, fast and secure. When you file electronically, you let the computer do the math. Your work is saved at every step, so you can always come back and work on it later. MyFreeTaxes software has error checkers and calculators built in so you have a much smaller chance of making an error. Your personal information will not be shared with anyone.
Sign up to be a VITA volunteer for the 2020 tax season
Would you like to become an IRS certified tax preparer? Contact Anna Gavin for more details at: email@example.com or click the volunteer sign up buttons below.
El sitio de United Way y AARP (320 E. Gutierrez St.) está cerrado hasta nuevo aviso